Tres Leches, also known as a milk cake, is a soaked-cake dessert, popular in Mexico and around the world.
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 3 tbsp butter
– 2/3 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 3/4 cup milk
– 150g sweetened condensed milk
– 130g evaporated milk
– 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Beat the butter and half of the sugar together until fluffy.
4. Add eggs and the 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Beat for 3 minutes.
5. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until well blended.
6. Pour batter into a greased and floured pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Once baked, pierce the cake several times with a fork.
9. Combine milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
10. Whip the whipping cream, the remaining sugar, and the remaining vanilla extract together until stiff peaks.
11. Spread over the top of cake.
12. Keep refrigerated.