This Thai Green Mango Salad is a perfect appetizer or side dish to serve up alongside some Pad Thai or green curry. It’s fresh, light and very easy to make.
– 4 tbsp soy sauce
– 1/4 cup lime juice
– Brown sugar, to taste
– 2 tsp Thai chilli sauce (or 1/2 tsp chili flakes)
– 1/4 cup coconut
– 2 mangoes
– 2 cups bean sprouts
– 1/2 cup fresh coriander
– 4 spring onions
– 1 cup cooked chicken (or shrimp, or fried tofu), optional
– 1 red chilli, optional
– 50g peanuts (or cashews)
– 1/3 cup fresh basil
1. Mix together soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar and chilli sauce in a bowl. Set aside the dressing.
2. Dry-fry the coconut for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat, or until it turns a light golden-brown. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
3. Peel the mangoes and then grate the flesh of the mangoes into a mixing bowl.
4. Add the bean sprouts, coriander, spring onions, cooked chicken, shrimp or tofu (if using), the fresh-cut chili (if using), plus half the toasted coconut.
5. Toss well to combine.
6. Add the dressing and toss again.
7. Sprinkle with nuts, basil and remaining toasted coconut.