Shrimps à la spetsiota is a Greek dish, made with shrimps braised in tomato sauce, feta and oregano.
– 1 onion
– 3 tomatoes
– 5 tbsp olive oil
– 1 cup dry white wine
– 2 tbsp dried oregano
– 700g large peeled raw shrimps
– 200g feta
– 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
– Bead, to serve
– Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Fry thinly sliced onions in a pan with olive oil over a low heat until soft.
2. Add grated tomatoes and cook over medium-high heat.
3. Add wine and oregano, season with white pepper and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add shrimps and cook until they’re pink and just done.
5. Add most of the feta, stir it into the sauce, and cook for 2 more minutes, or until the feta is just starting to melt.
6. Sprinkle over the rest of the feta, along with the chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread and some lemon wedges.