Shashlik is a common dish in Cental Asia. Shashlik is a dish of grilled cubed meat and some vegetables, cooked on skewers, similarly to shish kebabs.
– 1 kg beef (for example, top sirloin)
– 2 bell peppers any colour
– 1 large onion
– 15 medium bamboo or wood skewers
– 1 cup mild olive oil
– 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp ground black pepper
– 4 garlic cloves
– 3 tbsp dill
– 2 dry bay leaves
1. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, dill and bay leaves in a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Slice meat and transfer it into the marinade bowl, stirring well to coat.
3. Marinate beef for 4 to 6 hours, stirring a few times to make sure meat is evenly marinated.
4. Soak bamboo or wooden skewers at last 30 min.
5. After the meat is done marinating, slice veggies and skewer them with meat onto skewers.
6. Pour the remaining marinade over skewers.
7. Grill over med/high heat for about 8-10 minutes or until you’ve reached the desired doneness, rotating every 2-3 minutes.
8. Serve with your favourite sauce.