Pancit Bihon is a Filipino noodle dish, cooked with various vegetables and meats.
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
– 500g boneless, skinless chicken breast
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 small onion
– 250g rice noodles
– 1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables (carrots, cabbage and green beans, scallions)
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
– 4 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tbsp oyster sauce
– 1 tsp sugar
– Lemon wedges
1. In a large pan over medium heat, cook chicken with oil until tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. Add chopped garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add cooked chicken and season with salt and pepper.
4. Stir in the veggies and cook until a little tender.
5. Add all the ingredients for the pancit sauce (chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar) and bring to a boil.
6. Add rice noodles and stir until all the noodles are coated with the sauce.
7. Cook until the noodles are tender (3-4 minutes), stirring frequently.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.