Korean BBQ chicken wings are hot, sweet and sticky, which makes it a perfect appetizer for a dinner party.
– 12 chicken wings
– 2 tbsp sunflower oil
– 1 tbsp sesame seeds
– 2 spring onions
– 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
– 3 tbsp soy sauce
– 5 tbsp golden caster sugar
– 1 tbsp ginger
– 1 1/2 tbsp sriracha chilli sauce
– 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
1. Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes.
2. To make the sauce, pour the vinegar and soy into a jug. In a small pan heat the sugar and 1 tbsp water. Simmer until it turns a deep caramel colour.
3. Standing well back, pour in the vinegar and soy sauce.
4. Reduce the heat and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add ginger, sriracha and ketchup, stir well and cook for 5 minutes until smooth and thickened. Set aside.
6. Cut the tips from the chicken wings, then stretch them out and push a skewer through the length of each wing.
7. Brush the skin with the oil and season.
8. Cook the wings on the barbecue or under the grill for 10 minutes each side, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden brown and crisp.
9. Using a brush, coat each skewer with the sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes each side.
10. Transfer the skewers to a serving platter.
11. Reheat the rest of a sauce to drizzle over the skewers.
12. Top with the sesame seeds and spring onions sliced at an angle.