Kissel is a popular dessert in Ukraine. It can be made with such berries and fruits as strawberries, raspberries, black and red currants, apples, pears, etc.
– 2 cups strawberries
– 6 cups water
– 6 tbsp potato starch
– Sugar, to taste
1. Wash and hull strawberries.
2. In a large saucepan, bring strawberries and water to a boil.
3. Add sugar.
4. Dissolve potato starch in cold water. Add it to the strawberry syrup.
5. Bring the kissel to a boil and turn off the heat.
6. Pour kissel in bowls and let completely cool. Then chill in a refrigerator.
7. Serve cold.