Ka-prao Gai Kai-dow Recipe
Minced chicken breast 300 grams
Holy basil 1 ½ cup
Bird’s eyes chili 3
Garlic 3 cloves
White onion ¼ cup
Red bell pepper ½ cup
Long green bean ½ cup
Fish sauce 2 teaspoon
Soya sauce 1 tablespoon
Oyster sauce 1 tablespoon
Sugar ½ teaspoon
Vegetable oil ½ tablespoon
Chicken broth 2 tablespoon
- Chop garlic and chilies. (caution use gloves)
- Heat the oil in a pan or a wok at medium heat. Stir in the chopped garlic and chilies. When the garlic is golden brown, add chicken, sauce and broth. Mix well.
- When the chicken is cooked, add onion and green bean.
- When all the ingredients are cooked, add red bell pepper.
- Turn the heat off and add holy basil. Stir for 5-10 seconds.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
For the Fried egg (Kai-dow)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan or a wok at high heat.
- Crack the egg into the pan and let it fry until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
- Top the fried egg over jasmine rice and the basil chicken (Ka-prao Gai).