Jajangmyeon is Korean black bean noodles made with pork belly and vegetables.
– 3 tbsp vegetable oil
– 225g pork belly, cut into small cubes
– 1 cup Korean radish, cut into cubes
– 2 small onions, diced
– 1 zucchini, cut into cubes
– 2 small potatoes, cut into cubes
– 1/2 cup chunjang (Korean black bean paste)
– 3 cups water
– fresh Korean noodles
– 2 tbsp cornstarch
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– seedless cucumber and yellow pickled radish, for garnish
1. Stir fry the pork belly until it’s golden brown and crisped.
2. Add the radish, onion, zucchini, and potato. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
3. Add the Korean black bean paste (chunjang) and let it fry in the center of the pan for one minute.
4. Stir everything together.
5. Add 2 cups of water, and let it come to a boil.
6. Simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes.
7. Cook Korean noodles (follow the instructions on the package).
8. Add the cornstarch to the sauce, and stir until thick and glossy.
9. Finish off with the sesame oil.
10. Serve with the noodles, and garnish with the cucumber. On the side, serve with pickled radish and chopped onion.