Horchata is a popular Mexican drink that is made out of rice, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
– 1 1/3 cups long-grain white rice
– 2 cinnamon sticks
– 4 cups water
– 1 1/2 cups milk
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 tsp ground cinnamon
– Sugar, to taste
1. Blend rice, cinnamon sticks and 2 cups of water for about 2 minutes or until roughly ground.
2. Add the remaining water and blend again.
3. Leave covered on a countertop overnight or at least for 8 hours.
4. Pour the rice mixture into a fine mesh strainer. Discard the rice.
5. Stir in the milk, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and sugar.
6. Stir well before serving and serve over ice.