Cuban Mojo Marinated Pork, or Lechon Asado, is a traditional Cuban roasted pork that is packed with lots of flavour.
– 2-3kg boneless pork shoulder
– 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tbsp orange zest
– 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
– 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
– 1 cup cilantro
– 1/4 cup mint leaves
– 8 garlic cloves
– 2 tsp dried oregano
– 2 tsp ground cumin
– Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add the orange juice, cilantro leaves, mint leaves and smashed garlic cloves to a food processor to finely chop.
2. Add the rest of the oil, zest, lime juice, oregano, and cumin. Mix well.
3. Pour the mixture over the pork shoulder and put it in the fridge overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 210C.
5. Place the pork on the rack and discard the marinade.
6. Salt and pepper the pork well.
7. Roast the pork for 30 minutes.
8. Turn the oven down to 190C and roast the shoulder for another an hour and a half.
9. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil and let rest at least 20 minutes.
10. Carve against the grain and serve.