Bacalhau à lagareiro, also known as Cod fish in olive oil, is a Portuguese dish made with salted cod and boiled potatoes.
– 4 cod fillets
– 2 bay leaves
– 5 chives
– 1kg potatoes
– 2 bell peppers
– 2 garlic cloves
– 200ml olive oil
– 1 tsp vinegar
– Salt, to taste
1. Bake the potatoes with bay leaves, seasoned with salt.
2. Once the potatoes are baked, put them on a baking dish and press them slightly to open.
3. Place the cod fillets over the potatoes.
4. Cut the peppers in strips and put them around the cod.
5. Cut the garlic in thin slices and put it over the cod and potatoes.
6. Season with salt.
7. Drizzle an olive oil.
8. Bake at 220C for 30 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with vinegar before serving.