Bulgogi is a world-famous Korean traditional dish. It’s usually made with tender parts of beef, but also sometimes with chicken and pork.
- 800 g rib eye or top sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 red apple
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ground black pepper to taste
- Blend soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine, red apple, minced garlic and ginger, 1/2 onion and black pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- Place thinly cut meat in a bowl and pour the marinade over it. Mix well.
- Add the sesame oil. Mix again.
- Cover the bowl and marinate for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- Cook meat on medium high to high heat for 3 to 5 mins.
- Add the sesame seeds and stir them quickly.
- Serve the bulgogi with steamed rice or any other Korean side dish.