Black Garlic Ice Cream is a savoury desert.
– 1 1/2 cup whole milk
– 1 cup whipping cream
– 3/4 cup liquid honey bee
– 2 tbsp black garlic
– 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 2 egg yolks
1. Combine milk, cream, honey and black garlic in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
2. Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and vanilla together in a small bowl.
3. Add a small amount of the hot cream mixture to the egg yolk mixture to temper it. Then add the tempered egg mixture into the remaining hot cream mixture and whisk until blended.
4. Over medium-low heat and stirring constantly, cook the custard. Once cooked, cover and refrigerate to cool completely.
5. Once chilled, transfer mixture to the bowl of an ice cream maker. Churn the ice cream until thickened.