Plantain, a Latin American relative of the banana, is barbecued wrapped in foil.
– 2 ripe plantains
– 2 tbsp butter
– 2 tbsp demerara sugar
– 8 tbsp orange juice
1. Peel the plantains and cut them crossways.
2. Keeping slices together, lay each plantain on a large sheet of foil.
3. Smear each plaintain with the butter and sprinkle with the sugar.
4. Pour over the orange juice and grind salt and pepper on top.
5. Wrap the foil completely around the plantains so they’re securely sealed inside.
6. Barbecue for 30 minutes until the plantains are soft.