Arroz doce is a traditional Portuguese rice pudding.
– 1/2 tsp salt
– Zest of 1 lemon
– 1 cup short-grain rice
– 2 cups milk
– Ground cinnamon and lemon slices, for garnish
1. Bring to a boil 2 1/4 cup of water to a boil. Add salt and lemon zest.
2. Simmer with a lid on for about 15 minutes.
3. Remove the lemon zest from the water and discard.
4. Add the rice to the water and simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Slowly add the hot milk.
6. Cook on low for another 25 to 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. Pour the rice into a serving dish. Sprinkle the top with the cinnamon and very thin lemon slices, if desired.
8. Chill the rice and then serve.