Olivier Salad is a traditional dish in the Russian cuisine. This salad is popular around the traditional holidays of New Year’s, Christmas and Easter.
Olivier Salad is commonly known as the Russian Salad, Stolichny Salad, or Olivye.
– 300g bologna, cubed
– 3 potatoes, cubed
– 3 carrots, cubed
– 6 hardboiled eggs, cubed
– 3 dill pickles, cubed
– 1 medium onion, cubed
– 1 can peas
– 1 cup mayonnaise
– salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, boil potatoes and carrots for about 20-25 minutes or until a knife pierces through easily.
2. Remove carrots and potatoes from water, set aside to cool.
3. Cook eggs for 8-10 minutes.
4. Cube all ingredients.
5. Mix everything in a large bowl.
6. Add mayonnaise, to taste.
7. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.