Taquito, also known as tacos dorados or flauta, is a Mexican dish, which topically consists of small rolled-up tortillas with beef, chicken or cheese fillings.
– 3 chicken breasts
– 250g cream cheese
– 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp chili powder
– Salt and black pepper, to taste
– 12 small corn tortillas
– 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
– 1 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack
– Pico de Gallo, for serving
– Crumbled queso fresco, for serving
– 1 large avocado
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
– 1 clove garlic
– Juice of lime
1. Preheat oven to 425° and grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine shredded cooked chicken breasts, cream cheese, chipotle and sauce, cumin, and chili powder.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Microwave tortillas for 30 seconds, or until warm.
5. Spread about 1/4 cup of filling on one end of tortilla, then add cheddar and pepper jack next to filling.
6. Roll up tightly and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
7. Repeat with a remaining filling and cheese.
8. Bake until crispy and golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, make an avocado cream sauce. Blend together avocado, sour cream, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Serve with avocado cream sauce, Pico de Gallo, and queso fresco.