Pozole is a traditional Mexican soup or stew, which is made from hominy and meat.
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 3 chicken breasts
– 2 poblano peppers
– 1 white onion
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 tbsp cumin
– 1 tbsp oregano
– 2 tsp chili powder
– Salt and black pepper, to taste
– 2 cans hominy
– Radishes, for garnish
– Green cabbage, for garnish
– Cilantro, for garnish
1. Place chicken broth, chicken breasts, chopped peppers and onions, minced garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper into the slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
3. Take chicken out of slow cooker and shred with two forks.
4. Return shredded chicken breasts to the slow cooker along with the hominy and cook for another 30 minutes.
5. Garnish with thinly sliced radish, sliced green cabbage and fresh cilantro.