Dukkah is a famous Egyptian seasoning made of nuts, seeds, and spices.
– 1/2 cup walnuts
– 1/3 cup almonds or hazelnuts
– 2 tbsp sesame seeds
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1/8 tsp ground allspice
– Salt, pepper, to taste fine sea salt
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, roast walnuts and almonds, until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
2. Add sesame seeds to the nuts and continue cooking, stirring often, until sesame seeds are lightly golden.
3. Transfer the nut and seed mixture to a food processor.
4. Add the coriander, cumin, allspice, salt and pepper.
5. Run the food processor for a few seconds, just to break the nuts into a coarse, sand-like texture.
6. Transfer the dukkah to a bowl for serving, or store it in an air-tight container for 1 to 2 weeks.